Saturday, September 10, 2011

Web Presentation Tools

The first presentation tool that I experimented with is the Prezi application.  I thought the tutorial  in our class resources helped me know what to do before I even tried it out.  After I signed in and started a new presentation, it became clear right away how user friendly it is.  There are tutorials to use and I was able to navigate easily and find out how to do what I wanted.  I liked how it was easy to link words and pictures to one another and put them in a certain order.  I particularly like how easy the editing wheel is in terms of movement, rotation, and sizing.

The next presentation tool that I explored is the raptivity presenter and this is from the webtools4u2use website.  This is an application that adds interactivity with power points and I played around with how to set up panning cards.  It was easy enough to follow, although I prefer the Prezi application.

I am exited to use and explore this website more because there is so much information on how to improve presentation slide shows and how to use slide shows to increase motivation and engagement with students.

2 comments:

  1. Julie:

    I also enjoyed working with Prezi. I started by creating a presentation about myself in order to try out the features. I decided to use Prezi for my project, and I enjoyed creating the first part of the presentation. I just wasn't sure if I included enough material. I guess I will find out when I get feedback from Dr. Lyman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jullie,

    I agree that the Prezi is a wonderful free online tool to use and I also liked the page turning features. It all looks wonderful and exciting for students whom are going to be going into business and for the future. I am still old fashioned and am satisfied with the features power points and flip charts have given to our teaching field. I like the animoto tool which adds video and music to the slides.

    ReplyDelete