Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ask A Scientist

I posted a question using Ask A Scientist and have not heard back yet.  I am excited to see how the scientist answers because all the information that I have found on line states that there is not a consensus among the scientific community.  My question is about what is special about the cells in the brain to cause consciousness.

I would use this website with students when they ask me a question that I don't know the answer to or if I would like them to find the answer to a specific question on their own.  It is important that students know that when they don't know the answer to a question, they can research and find the information on line as well as use the Ask A Scientist web site as a resource.  There is so much information available today that the main goal should not be to know it all, but to be able to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment